Ever since my friend, Melissa, made a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake at a Christmas party with our Meridian friends 2 Christmases ago, I have been craving the yummy taste when I am thinking of a dessert I want to make. I got a set of 3 springform pans for Christmas from my boys and I have absolutely been dying to make the cheesecake. I hadn't been able to get the recipe from Melissa, so I finally turned to the trusted old "google" for the coveted recipe. I don't think this was the exact same as hers, but it was pretty delectable and I was excited that it actually turned out so well for my first attempt. I topped it with a ganache that made it more chocolatey for us chocolate lovers at our house. The kids liked it because it looked so good and it was "dessert". I was feeling triumphant and thinking, "hmm, this will be a great new surprise for their birthday cake, they will love it and I will be the best Mom they ever knew". As they continued to eat their rich, succulent slice, they began slowing down and seeming like they weren't going to finish. In the meantime, I was slowing to savor each bite. As I finished before them, they finally came to confess that they actually don't love cheesecake!?WHAT!?....Oh, bummer! I guess next time I'll be making it for myself. I'll do a mini size, and I'll have to give some to the neighbors......Cheesecake, anyone??
Awesome job Chand!! I don't think I could ever make that delicious treat! Ive been having such back luck lately NO matter what it is Im trying out or HOW WELL I follow the instructions...there's always something that slips up and makes you go "bleh" rather than "MMMMMMMM" haha. I bet your neighbors will love you forever for making them some next time too! :)
ReplyDeleteChandy, had I been there, you would have had no doubts about the greatness of your cheesecake. I can tell just by looking at it how wonderful it was. But then again, I would probably love salmon flavored cheesecake. (I hate fish!!!) It's cheesecake after all. How can you go wrong?
ReplyDeleteChandy ~ you know I would appreciate your cheesecake! Kids are happy with a bag of Oreos -- they don't fully appreciate fine baking :)
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys!!
Well shoot that looks good! €€I missed you yesterday too. But family comes first and you are good sister. It was a very small class indeed with just me and Myra. Everyone else was at the cookie exchange.
ReplyDeleteSo do you think you could ship one to me?? That looks so yummy!!! Great job! I don't know how you cannot like cheesecake? It's my fav!
ReplyDelete